Labels

Tuesday 2 November 2010

CD cover designs and Influences



During this lesson, myself and Laura have gained a number of ideas which will contribute in making our CD cover. By looking at sleevage.com, we have looked at a number of albums including Ladyhawke - what interested me, was by the simple use of using an editing software; i.e. Photoshop, and the concept of the album is shown by it's "arty" flare, which caught my attention in perhaps using a similar theme for my album cover.






Also, even by using one photograph and using subtle text over could be another essential idea for the CD design - which I looked at Yeah Yeah Yeahs' "It's Blitz!", whi
ch I found the layout to be appealing, and that the yellow paint has a significanteffect. The idea of using a simple photograph, and the use of editing software which will make the picture appear professional, simplistic.


No comments:

Post a Comment