Labels

Tuesday 2 November 2010

Planning Task 14) Advert Designs



  • For my ancillary task, I was set to create a "one off" venue poster for our artist Madelyn Faith. Here are some photographs showing what I've done and the result overall.


  • This is me making adjustments to my artist advert design. You can see it's almost finished but I needed to experiment with filters to bring out a more subtle, and dark tones to be in contrast with Laura's lighter design.

I decided that I needed a dark blue "exclusion" filter to complete the advert poster. To do this, I pressed 'cmd' and 'a' to select the whole advert. I then right-clicked onto the advert and went onto 'fill' > then 'colour', then it went onto colour selection and I chose to use dark blue.



  • Here is the final design! I think the poster overall represents a darker, twisted side of Madelyn Faith. The effects I have used (such as lens flare and exclusions) generally fit in with the concept and chosen genre of our artist (genre being indie-pop/baroque-pop)and it fits in with the conventions of genre. This poster creates a feeling of bitterness, whereas Laura's poster is the opposite of mine.

1 comment:

  1. This is good- i think perhaps some of what you have shown and said will also relate to several of your questions in the Evaluation so use this post to help guide you. JIN

    ReplyDelete